There are open doctoral and postdoctoral researcher positions (PhD: 75%, E 13 TV-L, Post-Doc: full time, E 13 TV-L) in experimental physics and theoretical physics in our SFB 1432. Most of them are located at the University of Konstanz (UKN) and two at our CRC partner at the Technical University of Munich (TUM). For more information on the respective projects and groups, please follow the corresponding links in the list of jobs below and don't hesitate to contact us via email. General questions can be directed via e-mail to the CRC office, project-specific questions to the responsible project leader.
We look forward to receiving your application with a letter of motivation, your CV, transcripts and letters of recommendation combined to one single pdf document via e-mail to the SFB 1432 Coordination Team - or directly to the respective project leader. Please assign your application to one or more of our projects.
|Exp. Phys.||1 PhDs||Driven particles in strongly coupled non-Markovian baths||C05, Groups of C. Bechinger, UKN|
|Exp. Phys.||2 PhDs||Fluctuation-induced nonlinear dynamics of nanomechanical systems||C01, Group of E. Weig, TUM|
|Theo. Phys.||PhD||Strongly driven nanomechanical systems: classical and quantum||C02, Group of G. Burkard, UKN|
|Theo. Phys.||PhD & PostDoc||Stationary phases and dynamic activation in parametrically driven stochastic resonators||Group of O. Zilberberg, UKN|
Oded Zilberberg has recently joined the Physics Department at UKN, collaborates with many of the SFB 1432 projects, and is preparing a proposal for a new project within the collaboration.
- Excellent academic record
- M. Sc. degree in physics or mathematics (for PhD positions)
- Excellent PhD thesis in physics or mathematics (for Post-Doc positions)
- Profound knowledge of relevant experimental or theoretical methods
- Research experience relevant for the respective project
- High motivation, strong interpersonal and influence skills, and great motivation
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Excellent personal development and qualification opportunities
- Academic career support by CRC-integrated graduate school
- Focused scientific training on topics of the CRC
- Seed Funding for own research ideas
- Research collaborations with top level research groups worldwide
- Professional infrastructure for conducting research
- Working in an interdisciplinary young team of highly motivated scientists
- Family-friendly measures and dual-career program
All positions are available from now on. PhD positions are initially limited to three years. Postdoctoral researcher positions have minimal duration of two years and offer the possibility of an extension of the contract subject to positive evaluation and further funding commitment.
Funded by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft – SFB 1432, Project-ID 425217212